Mom's 60th birthday
Würden Sie gerne auf diese Nachricht reagieren? Erstellen Sie einen Account in wenigen Klicks oder loggen Sie sich ein, um fortzufahren.

Event: Where, When & How

3 verfasser

Nach unten

Event: Where, When & How Empty Event: Where, When & How

Beitrag  Ruthie Mi Jul 29, 2009 6:58 pm

Hey all,
now that we kind of agreed that we want to do a party for Mom, I just wanted to collect some ideas how we are going to go about it and how everyone thinks that day should be.
I just looked in the calendar and saw that August 2, 2012 is a Thursday, so it's right in the middle of the week after the Civic Holiday. I was wondering how you think we can get the chairs and tables and deko on the Farm, if Mom is at home? I mean, sure, we can get someone to spend the day with her, maybe even take her to a Spa or something? Esther maybe? And then get everything ready for when they come back. Seeing that it is a Thursday, we cannot put it in the afternoon, we would have to put the invitation for dinner, 6pm or so? Or would you say we should put it on the Saturday after Mom's birthday, which would make it August the 4?
If the Farm doesn't work out, we could also arrange a hall or something.
Any suggestions?
Ruthie
Ruthie
Admin

Anzahl der Beiträge : 34

https://rose60.forumieren.com

Nach oben Nach unten

Event: Where, When & How Empty Surprise party day

Beitrag  BEEEEEE Do Jul 30, 2009 3:59 am

I think we should have the party on

sat 04.

That way people that work can stay longer and it will be even more of a surprise. If I do come down prior to the party (as in on mum's actual b-day) we could celebrate it a bit on the 2nd and pretend that's it...

I wouldn't recomend someone taking her to the Spa on saturday before her party, as you get really tired from the Spa. All that relaxation makes you want to sleep! Trust me Smile As nice as it is!

I think us three should stick together to decorate, that'll be the most fun I think.

Maybe her then 'current' bf or somebody from the church can invite her for a bible study that takes a good day?

flower I think that will be the most 'innocen't excuse
BEEEEEE
BEEEEEE

Anzahl der Beiträge : 28

Nach oben Nach unten

Event: Where, When & How Empty Re: Event: Where, When & How

Beitrag  Ruthie Do Jul 30, 2009 10:04 am

Hey Bee,
yes, I think Aug 4 would be a good idea, but we have to wait for Esther to yet agree. Very Happy
I just thought we might not all be able to deko together because we need people to get some of the guests, if they come. Like Ingrid - yeah, I remembered her name today! Gisela could rent her own car, but we could also pick her up from the airport or something. I guess this needs to be planned a little earlier to the day. I also think that Gisela would probably stay longer than just a day (same with Ingrid), so we have to get Mom to agree that she has a couple of weeks free time after her birthday. If I really have a kid by then, I'll ask her if she wants to play baby sitter for a couple of weeks... so we're sure she has some time at hand for the visitors. Wink
Good or what?
Ruthie
Ruthie
Admin

Nach oben Nach unten

Beitrag  BEEEEEE Do Jul 30, 2009 11:37 am

yeah, that's for sure, I didn't think that they would only come for a day... but we would need to make sure that they don't appear before the party. They needend arrive that day, but they could stay in a motel so that mum doesn't see them before the evening of the 4th.
BEEEEEE
BEEEEEE

Nach oben Nach unten

Beitrag  Ruthie Do Jul 30, 2009 12:44 pm

Definitely, that's why I thought that celebrating in a hall might be easier 'cause the guests would already be there if we took the Holiday Inn in Sault Ste Marie for example. But I still like celebrating on the farm best. Smile
Ruthie
Ruthie
Admin

Nach oben Nach unten

Beitrag  BEEEEEE Do Jul 30, 2009 1:48 pm

on top of everything that we're doing I think renting a hall would be too much. Plus a lot of places, if you rent the hall you have to buy their beverages and food or pay an amount per bottle that you yourself provide and stuff.. I think that would get too complicated.

Plus the farm is nice to celebrate Smile
BEEEEEE
BEEEEEE

Nach oben Nach unten

Beitrag  Pancake Do Jul 30, 2009 6:08 pm

Yeah, I agree with both of you, that the 4th would be better. Somehow I get the feeling though that Mom will propably try to create a party for her sixyth herself (since she already wanted to celerbrate her 50th in such a fashion). So we've got to think of that possibility too... I also agree that the farm would be favourable for that purpose. However, what if it rains??? What about the gymnaysium at the church (if it rains)? That would be cute, or?
Anyhow we should start with making a guest list, are we going to have a theme? Anyhow I hope that both of you are doing well!!!

Love you; Esther
Pancake
Pancake

Anzahl der Beiträge : 11

Nach oben Nach unten

Beitrag  BEEEEEE Fr Jul 31, 2009 3:52 am

Good point Esther, I didn't even think of that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She probably will try and arrange a party on her own, what do we do then? What do we say? Do we get everyone (or pretty much everybody) to say they're busy or something? Or do we let her have a small party and then we'll throw a huge one???

Ahhh, I didn't even think about that...!

I thought of the church too, my only issue is that I don't believe they'll let us serve alcohol in a church...!?
BEEEEEE
BEEEEEE

Nach oben Nach unten

Beitrag  Pancake Fr Jul 31, 2009 5:22 pm

Maybe they could say that they are bussy, cuz I'd doubt that they'll have time twice (if mom should pick the thursday) personally I think she would pick the sat as well. I dont really think that Mom would want to much alehol, but that's just me. Anyhow lady's I'm propably not going to reply for a couple of day's (might go camping). Have a good weekend.

Ciau Love ya; Esther
Pancake
Pancake

Anzahl der Beiträge : 11

Nach oben Nach unten

Beitrag  Ruthie Fr Jul 31, 2009 8:14 pm

Well, I think we should tell people well in advance about the surprise party, so that they will know to tell her they are busy; however, it would be kinda rude of all the people to tell her they're already otherwise busy. Maybe we can figure something special out for Mom, so she won't think of trying to make a party? Like maybe Bee and I can say that we're way to busy to come and Esther might tell Mom that she'll do something nice with her instead? Or say we want to take her on a vacation that week, so she shouldn't plan anything?
Hmm, don't know, any ideas?
Ruthie
Ruthie
Admin

Nach oben Nach unten

Beitrag  Ruthie Di Dez 14, 2010 4:04 pm

Looks like we're going to have it in Germany now. For some odd reason, I think we should do it in Bensheim/Auerbach, what do you guys think?

Ruth
Ruthie
Ruthie
Admin

Nach oben Nach unten

Beitrag  BEEEEEE Sa Dez 18, 2010 7:35 am

YEah, I reckon that's a good idea, her family being there and all... I could ask Bechtloffs if they would mind putting up somewhere to sleep for mom and you two? Or maybe one of you two could ask? xxx
BEEEEEE
BEEEEEE

Nach oben Nach unten

Beitrag  Gesponserte Inhalte

Gesponserte Inhalte

Nach oben Nach unten

Befugnisse in diesem Forum
Sie können in diesem Forum nicht antworten